Thursday, October 23, 2014

It's Fall Y'all!






This is definitely my favorite time of year! Cooler weather, football & foliage!  What's not to love?  While I was driving one day and admiring the turning of the trees, I thought it would be interesting to study (and maybe do a time lapse video/project with your students) of the whole process.  Also, for younger students you could tie in a literary connection with the book Why Do Leaves Change Color? by Betsy Maestro.  For older students, you could have them do more of the research behind why the leaves change color on their own, and as a class you could document the color changing process.  I literally cannot say enough about how much I love to just drive and look at all the trees and their different vibrant colors.  When my husband and I visit our Nany in the Smoky Mountains during this time of year I HAVE to take several hikes or drives through Cades Cove and through the scenic routes just so I can see all of God's beauty unfold before me.  This time of year (especially the transitioning of the leaves) symbolizes so much more than just the changing of the seasons... it symbolizes changes in life, and it really makes you think about all aspects of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment